By David Seed
- This Companion conveys the dimensions and diversity of technological know-how fiction.
- Shows how technology fiction has been used as a method of debating cultural issues.
- Essays through a global variety of students talk about the contexts, issues and techniques utilized by technology fiction writers.
- Addresses basic issues, akin to the historical past and origins of the style, its engagement with technology and gender, and nationwide adaptations of technology fiction round the English-speaking world.
- Maps out connections among technological know-how fiction, tv, the cinema, digital truth expertise, and different points of the culture.
- Includes a piece targeting significant figures, corresponding to H.G. Wells, Arthur C. Clarke, and Ursula Le Guin.
- Offers shut readings of specific novels, from Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein to Margaret Atwood’s The Handmaid’s Tale.
Read or Download A Companion to Science Fiction (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) PDF
Best literary criticism & theory books
In Decolonizing Cultures within the Pacific, Susan Y. Najita proposes that the disturbing heritage of touch and colonization has turn into a vital skill during which indigenous peoples of Oceania are reclaiming their cultures, languages, methods of understanding, and political independence. particularly, she examines how modern writers from Hawai‘i, Samoa, and Aotearoa/New Zealand take note, re-tell, and set up this violent heritage of their paintings.
Please input product description
Essay from the 12 months 2009 within the topic English - Literature, Works, grade: 1. 1, The collage of Sydney, path: Fiction Writers at paintings, language: English, summary: It stands to cause that old and political discourses are just of many paths resulting in a honest illustration of the prior.
Many examine the autobiography to be a Western style that represents the self as totally self sufficient. The participants to conversing of the Self problem this presumption through studying quite a lot of women's autobiographical writing from South Asia. increasing the definition of what sorts of writing may be thought of autobiographical, the individuals research every little thing from poetry, songs, mystical reports, and diaries to prose, fiction, structure, and non secular treatises.
Additional info for A Companion to Science Fiction (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture)
A Companion to Science Fiction (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) by David Seed